No announcement yet.

Update on my Seacraft

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update on my Seacraft

    After going through my fuel issues with the clogging up of my fuel filters I finally found the problem. I wish that I would have found it earlier before I replaced every filter. Gas lines, racor filter 2x and pulled the gas tank out 3x.
    turns out it was the fuel fill hose going into the tank. It was slowly being eaten up with ethanol in the gas. I could have replaced everything but each time I put gas in the boat it would contaminate the fuel put in. I could have sworn I replace the hose when I did the build but I guess not.
    good news it that it should take care of the problem

  • #2
    Awesome, so glad you found the root cause, now y'all can go get some fish!
    2001 Aquasport 215 Explorer, 2021 Suzuki DF300AP
    1984 Anacapri V-260 Holiday, 225 Volvo I/O (sold)
    1970 Seacraft 20 Seafari, 140 Mercruiser (my first boat, sold)
    1970 Bertram 25 Flybridge Sportfisher II, twin 165 Mercruiser (family boat, sold)
    1973 Orlando Clipper 18 Bowrider, 1973 Evinrude 115 (family boat, sold)